LVI are looking for a highly-motivated mid-to-senior level licensed Professional Engineer to add to our client's team of multi-disciplinary licensed engineers. The individual will have knowledge in the behaviour of mechanical systems and their components for use in Forensic Engineering relating to residential, commercial and industrial facilities. Experience in performing failure cause & origin analysis on building systems and authoring technical reports.
Responsibilities and Duties include:
- Fieldwork to document as-built conditions and damage to mechanical systems as a result of natural (wind, water, fire, earth movement, etc.) and/or human-induced origins (design and construction errors/omissions). Natural events can include large catastrophes such as regional floods, hurricanes, tornadoes, fires, and earthquakes
- Communicate with Clients, interface with code officials and contractors and provide detailed reports.
- Manage multiple project assignments, executing them on time and within budget.
- Retention and development of Client relationships.
- Willing to travel, as needed, on short notice
Education and Experience requirements:
Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering
Florida Licensed Professional Engineer. Minimum 5 Years Mechanical Engineering experience in forensics
Knowledge and experience of mechanical engineering concepts, principles and practices.
Strong written and oral communication skills.
Experience in providing Litigation Support including Expert Testimony at Depositions and/or Trial, Mediation and Arbitration proceedings, desirable.