Company Summary: This company is an industry leader in the development, acquisition, and operation of renewable energy and storage. With an operating portfolio of 2.4+ GW and a substantial development pipeline, the company is one the nation's largest non-utility portfolios of renewable and energy storage. The company is dedicated to solving a critical challenge in the transformation of their energy systems: decarbonizing electricity supply while maintaining affordability, reliability and resilience.
Position Summary: The Accounting Associate is responsible for maintaining accurate books and records and analyzing financial transactions of the Company.
The responsibilities of the Accounting Associate include:
- Support general ledger processing; prepare and enter month-end and other required journal entries
- Review transaction classifications within the GAAP general ledger
- Assist with preparation of financial statements, including footnotes and audit quality documentation
- Perform account reconciliations for a variety of balance sheet and income statement accounts
- Perform bank account reconciliations to support month-end close
- Prepare support for monthly sales and use tax filings and other regulatory filings (FERC)
- Review accounts payable information for accuracy and completeness prior to entry in general ledger
- Keep accounting management informed on issues within the assigned areas of responsibility and supply support for any financial data requests
- Prepare budget and forecasts based on actual and projected information
- Provide accurate data for the completion of regulatory reports and filings
- Follow emerging GAAP and interact with our peers within the utility industry to determine how new guidance potentially can or will affect the Company and/or the industry
- Ensure data request responses are complete, accurate, and timely
- Ensure information provided is accurate and presented in a useful and understandable format
- Perform other duties as assigned to help the Regulatory Accounting team
The Accounting Associate should have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance required; Master's degree or CPA desirable.
- Minimum of two years in accounting.
- Basic knowledge of GAAP, company accounting principles, procedures, and practices.
- Accounting experience for regulated utility companies preferred.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills and general business systems knowledge.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics or similar accounting system a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel and Word.
If interested in the position, please do not hesitate in applying!