Company Summary: This company is an industry leader in the development, acquisition, and operation of renewable energy and storage. With an operating portfolio of 2.4+ GW and a substantial development pipeline, the company is one the nation's largest non-utility portfolios of renewables and energy storage. The company is dedicated to solving a critical challenge in the transformation of their energy systems: decarbonizing electricity supply while maintaining affordability, reliability and resilience.
Position Summary: The Accounting Manager will be responsible for the work flow of 3-5 employees, instructing or reviewing work assigned to other employees engaged in general accounting activities.
The responsibilities of the Accouting Manager include:
- Prepares US GAAP compliant audited financial statements, including footnotes, and various other management accounting reports
- Prepares, reviews, and verifies the accuracy of journal entries and accounting classifications assigned to various records
- Conducts reviews of business and administrative processes and develops or recommends accounting methods and procedures
- Ensure compliance with debt and other contractual agreements and arrangements.
- Prepares consolidated and stand-alone financial statements, including footnotes and audit quality supporting documentation.
- Responsible for implementing and fostering "best in class" accounting processes in the accounting organization, including collaboration with other departments and locations
- Manage general ledgers, financial reporting and other accounting activities for assigned entities
- Manage and coordinate ongoing financial reporting and accounting, inclusive of audited and unaudited financial statements, monthly actual/budget/forecast variance reporting, monthly general ledger closings, budgeting, forecasting and transaction processing. Also, coordinate with accounts payable team to ensure efficient processing and accurate recording of disbursements
- Primary interface with external audit team to facilitate completion of financial statement audits.
The Accounting Manager should have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting required, CPA/advanced degree desired
- 6-9 plus years' experience in the Accounting field, prior SOX experience strongly desired
- US GAAP compliant reporting experience, including financial statements and footnote, required
- Comprehensive knowledge of U.S. GAAP theory and practice. Renewable energy or power experience a plus
- Ability to comprehend contracts and agreements, as well as, identify and implement related required accounting activities
- Intermediate level business system computer skills including exposure to general ledger, and financial reporting packages
If interested in the position, please do not hesitate in applying!