Urgently looking for an Acquisition and Business development Manager (Solar) to work for a leading International renewable energy firm in Tokyo, Japan. This company is coming up with a lot of exciting projects all over Japan and collaborating with a lot of Domestic and international players.
The Manager, Origination Team, shall source acquisition opportunities in the Japanese secondary PV market and originate non-FiT PV projects and, battery storage projects(in the future). The Manager also manages the due diligence process of those opportunities and evaluates and analyze them, coordinate with the different functions of the Company and the third parties for due diligence, get the necessary approvals from the Company and its investor, close them, and support in the integration phase.
- Conduct the pre-screening of the acquisition and origination opportunities and identify any elements that might block or fail the opportunity before starting the due diligence process.
- Look for, evaluate, and coordinate the advisor if required, to be involved in the acquisition of the opportunities and develop the new opportunities.
- Develop the relationship with stakeholders, such as landowners, utilities, authorities, consultants, partners, customers to improve the company business capability.
- Take initiatives to find offtakers of electricity for new projects and negotiate / execute PPAs.
- Lead due diligence process of the opportunities, working together with other staff in the Company.
- Be involved in the financial modelling of identified targets to come up with a fair purchase price assessment.
- Support the different functions after the closing during the integration period.
- Experience in creating strategies for new businesses and leading the execution in energy industry if possible.
- Leading business / project development, etc. Business development at general trading companies, Utility companies, strategy consulting firms.
- M&A and Finance Experience- (not mandatory)
- Empathy for the purpose of renewable energy, cultural fit
- Japanese native level
- Good English both written and verbal.
- University degree holder in a relevant field (engineering, business, economics, finance, law, etc)
- Fast career progression
- Yearly Bonus
- Great Employee commission schemes
- Insurance and other social security schemes
Contact me if you are interested or tag someone who you think is suitable for this job.