I am looking for an Engineer or Architect to provide technical expertise in the fields of; structural condition assessments, design repairs / retrofits, load testing, field monitoring, structural component testing, design reviews, blast analysis, instrumentation, building envelope consulting, waterprooofing, some belowgrade testing and other structural and envelope problems in existing structures.
The company is a national and international engineering firm that designs, investigates, and rehabilitates structures, building enclosures, and materials. They work on some of the most notable buildings/ projects GLOBALLY, have won awards for their work and pride themselves on creating and repairing a better and sustainable future.
- Assist with on-site damage assessment and investigations, including surveying and documenting observations.
- Perform required calculations and design.
- Researching historical background of diverse structures, technical issues, and code issues.
- Organise field data to facilitate analysis and problem-solving.
- Complete technical and investigative reports to support forensic findings and prepare materials related to presentations.
- Interface with clients and attend meetings.
- Assist in the preparation of proposals.
- Requires travelling to job sites.
- Bachelors and/or Masters degree in structural engineering, architecture or related field.
- 7 to 10 years of experience in structural design, loss investigation, structural forensic investigation, structural repair and/or retrofit design.
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
- Strong technical writing skills.
- Excellent organisation and project management skills.
- PE or SE in home state preferred or AIA
- Experience in building envelope assessments (moisture infiltration, façade, roofing) is a plus.
- Field experience with existing buildings preferred.