Company Summary: This company is a leading US renewable energy company with a proven track record of developing, owning, and operating distributed generation solar and energy storage projects in North America. The company was founded in 2014 and is backed by the Blackstone Group and Sustainable Development Capital LLP.
Position Summary: The FP&A associate will report to the Chief Financial Officer and will coordinate internal financial reporting and support the firm's capital planning and decision-making. In addition to possessing strong analytical and quantitative skills, the successful candidate should be detail oriented, an effective communicator and desire to work in a team environment, often under pressure. Associate or director designation will be determined based on candidate experience.
Location: New York City, NY (remote flexible)
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Develop and monitor the annual budget and monthly forecasts across business lines which will include business casing, scenario analysis, and long-term planning
- Improve reporting and ERP systems, implementing best practices with unit managers
- Track and oversee dynamic, detailed capital budgets that incorporate complex structural nuances of the core business
- Work closely in tandem with the Strategy and Finance, Accounting, and EPC teams on financial forecasts, capital decision-making and inventory management
- Assist senior management and investors in preparation of periodic valuation analysis
- Assist in preparation of presentation materials for the firm's senior management and board
- Adapt quickly with the continuing evolution of the firm and the renewable energy industry
The ideal candidate should have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, economics, or mathematics
- Firm understanding of financial accounting with US GAAP (with IFRS knowledge a plus)
- 3+ years of experience working in an FP&A role, with experience in financial institutions, renewable energy, construction or real estate
- CPA, ACCA, or CIMA preferred
If interested in the position, please do not hesitate in submitting an application!