Company Summary: This renewable energy company is a distributed generation platform accelerating decarbonization across the country. As a developer and IPP, they deliver clean energy solutions to multifamily properties, C&I rooftops, all types of households and businesses through community solar. The past years, they acquired well known C&I solar developer and since have developed over 500 solar projects from the Northeast all the way to Hawaii.
Position Summary: As an Associate / Senior Associate, you will contribute to all stages of the company's origination, underwriting, and financing activities. You will work closely with development and operations specialists to conduct due diligence, run complex financial analyses, and support the preparation of transaction memoranda. In addition, you will contribute to corporate development activities supporting the company's rapid growth. This is a hands-on position which will require a high attention to detail and rigorous financial modeling. The ability to work independently and as a team member are critical, as well as the desire and innovative mind set to operate as an important contributor within a fast-paced company environment.
Location: New York City, NY (hybrid work schedule, wfh Monday and Friday)
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Working closely with the deal team to evaluate, structure, and execute transactions in the distributed generation solar sector
- Lead the financial analysis and customer presentation process
- Preparing and managing project-level financial models for valuation and risk assessment
- Assisting the deal team on platform financing and capital raising
- Assisting in the coordination of portfolio-level due diligence
- Writing investment memorandums and preparing presentations summarizing key findings from internal and external sources
- Research federal and state photovoltaic incentive programs for incorporation into analyses and identification of new business opportunities
- Supporting other initiatives as needed
The ideal candidate should have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business, or related field
- Renewable energy experience, ideally in distributed generation
- 3-4 years of experience working within an investment bank, project finance team, project developer, or investment platform
- A passion for, and deep commitment to, renewable energy
- Strong Microsoft office skills, with an emphasis on Excel and PowerPoint
If interested in this position, please do not hesitate in applying an application!