We have a current opportunity for an Audiovisual Design Engineer on a permanent basis for one of the largest AV integrators in the DC/Virginia space.
The position will be based in Fairfax, Virginia. For further information about this position please apply.
* Design, installation, configuration, integration programming and testing of complex videoconferencing and integrated audio/visual technologies
* Design, integration and configuration of audio/video systems with Crestron, AMX and Extron control systems.
* Conduct customer site surveys and provide sales engineering support, including collecting and recording detailed operational, functional and technical requirements, developing project scopes, and providing overall system costing for A/V projects.
* Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principals involved in the production of electrical plans, blueprint and drawings.
* Develop complex AV control system programming and configuration of AMX, Crestron, and Extron control systems.
* Active security clearance is preferred and/or eligible to obtain a security clearance.
* Demonstrated experience with developing cost estimates and work breakdown structures for the design and implementation of complex projects.
* Demonstrated experience performing technical cross-training/coaching of junior colleagues.
* Demonstrated background working with multidisciplinary teams.
* Demonstrated time management and organization skills to meet deadlines and quality objective.
* Experience in the installation, programming, troubleshooting AND engineering of videoconferencing and integrated A/V technologies.
* Experience with AV and/or telecommunications projects.
* Certified Crestron and AMX Programmer preferred.
* Strong knowledge of videoconferencing standards.
* Experience reading and interpreting blueprints.
* Experience performing complex design/build and conceptual design practices.
* AutoCAD skills a must, Visio a plus.