This position requires the Controls Engineer to conceptualize, detail, and implement control systems for industrial processes and machinery that meet our client's requirements. This involves the development of a control system architecture, selecting the components to be used, detailing schematic diagrams and system documentation, programming controllers (PLC, DCS, RTU), programming the process visualization (HMI/SCADA), developing databases for archiving/displaying historical system data and implementing/commissioning the control system at the client's facility. Knowledge of controller programming languages such as Ladder, Sequential Function Chart, Structured Text, and others to achieve the desired results is required. Also having knowledge of standard programming languages such as VBA, .NET, and SQL for the development of HMI/SCADA systems is preferred.
For larger systems, experience with industrial networking used to connect control system components and instrumentation is preferred. The Controls Engineer may design, detail, and implement a variety of fiber, wired, and wireless systems using industrial protocols (Ethernet/IP, Profibus, Modbus, etc.).
The ideal candidate must have a diverse engineering skill set with the ability to work independently. Will act as a technical contributor on projects both as part of a collaborative team and independent contributor based on the size/scope of the project.May act as technical lead on projects and guide lower-level engineers and technicians. Could also act as Project Manager on smaller projects.
- Experience - 3 to 10 years with capabilities in the below areas is preferred:
- An in-depth understanding of PLC hardware/software platforms such as Rockwell Automation, Siemens, and Modicon.
- An in-depth understanding of HMI/SCADA hardware/software platforms such as Iconics Genesis64, Wonderware System Platform, GE Cimplicity, GE iFIX, Rockwell Automation, and Siemens.
- In-depth understanding of DCS hardware/software platforms such as Emerson DeltaV or similar Experience in industries such as Life Sciences, Building Automation, Food and Beverage, Oil & Gas, and Mining.
- Experience in the design of electrical schematics, including power distribution under 480VAC, control panels, and associated NEC references desired.
- Experience with AutoCAD is also desired
- Familiarity with S88 Batch
- Familiarity with relevant regulatory requirements of the life science industry such as cGMP, 21 CFR Part 11, etc.
- Familiarity with GAMP5, System and Software Development Life Cycles methodologies, validation
- Knowledge of automation protocols such as HART, Foundation Fieldbus, Traditional I/O, Profibus, Ethernet I/P, OPC, Modbus TCP/IP, etc.
- Professional references, preferably one from each of the following: a peer and a manager
- Ability to travel up to 25%.