We have a current opportunity for a AV Estimator - New York on a permanent basis. AV Technicians or Engineers are encouraged to apply.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist the Systems Engineering and Sales Depts. to develop technical Solutions that meet customer requirements.
- Communicate effectively with commercial customers regarding their AV requirements and budgets.
- Design a fully functional audio and visual solution from a set of construction drawings or a site survey.
- Work effectively with manufacturing and industry partners.
- The ability to read and understand RFPs, technical drawings, Bids/ BOMs and technical requirements for IT focused projects.
- A good methodical approach to tasks, ability, and interests to learn new technologies.
- Will be required to continue to learn new Audio-Visual solutions and as a plus an understanding of electrical limitations with respect to Audio Visual
- Self-motivated, able to meet deadlines and maintain quality of work under pressure.
- EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: High School diploma is required.
- CTS certifications are preferred but not required
- A good understanding of the requirements to program and commission controlled A/V solutions.
- Experience and certifications with AV manufactures and equipment including but not limited to: Crestron, Biamp, Extron, Atlona, Shure, Atlas, Poly and Cisco
- Ability to define Requirements, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and high proficiency with Word and Excel.
- CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Valid Driver's License. A current US Passport would be a plus.