The Lead AV Tech will be well rounded and experienced in commercial Audio/Visual systems. The Lead AV Tech should have strong industry knowledge of best practices and installation standards consistent with InfoComm/Avixa and manufacturer's specifications. The Lead AV Tech must be proficient in reading and interpreting architectural drawings, specifically Reflected Ceiling Plans, Elevations, and AV Signal one-line drawings. The Lead AV Tech must be able to understand system function and determine the cable pull schedule from this information. The Lead AV Tech must maintain a professional and presentable appearance and be capable of communicating with both customers and owner-clients. The Lead AV Tech will lead a team of AV Technicians to complete jobs per customer and company specifications.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
* The Lead AV Technician will consistently run AV project crews; assume responsibility for effective performance and provide necessary training assume responsibility for adherence to Company and customer safety and quality guidelines and hold weekly safety meetings; initiate performance related communications and escalate to AV PM if necessary.
* The Lead AV Technician coordinates with AV Project Manager to ensure productivity, job completion and compliance with project budget. * The Lead AV Technician coordinates with AV Project Manager to ensure productivity, job completion and compliance with project budget.
* The Lead AV Technician serves as main on-site customer contact for questions and/or concerns; attend facility and constructions meetings when required.
* The Lead AV Technician performs work consistently demonstrating a detailed level of technical knowledge; troubleshoot and resolve technical issues as they arise.
* The Lead AV Technician will complete other responsibilities as assigned.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
* Must have the ability to sit, stand, stoop and bend for extended periods of time
* Must be self-motivated, positive in approach, professional and help create, develop and implement project process improvement(s).
* Must promote the Company culture and mission to all employees, vendors, clients and business partners.
* Must be able to act as the Company liaison for interface with customer representative(s).
* Must possess proven problem solving skills, critical thinking skills and the ability to effectively read, write and give oral presentation(s).
* Must be able to work at heights, off of a ladder and in confined spaces, lift up to 50 pounds and move up to 75 pounds.
* Must be able to see and distinguish different colors, read small print and hear and recognize audible signals such as dial tones.
* Must be able to travel within the branch territory and/or regional territory as needed.
* Problem solving and trouble-shooting skills; creative thinking.
* Interact with employees, customers and colleagues effectively on a professional-level.
* PC & Networking proficient (must already know your way around a computer)
* Proficient with MS Office Suite
* Regular attendance is mandatory
* Must possess at least a high school diploma or GED equivalency
* A formal education in electronics or a related field is preferred.
* Excellent experience with audiovisual or other electro-mechanical installation techniques, or field servicing, for at least 3-years
* Crestron programming experience is preferred.
* Experience with video conferencing (Polycom or Cisco) systems is strongly preferred.
The following courses are required:
* Extron AV Associate
* Basics of Crestron
* Crestron 101
* InfoComm/Avixa AV Essentials
* Biamp Tesira
* Must have the ability to read schematic diagrams, and drawings
* A qualified candidate will have experience with the following manufacturers and technology platforms:
* Crestron Digital Media * Video Conferencing: Polycom, Cisco
* Audio Conferencing: Biamp, ClearOne
* Displays by Samsung, LG, NEC
* Projectors by Epson, NEC, Christie Digital, Panasonic, Digital Projection, etc.
* Screens by Da-Lite, Draper * Planar