Production Project Manager:
Job Description to include but not limited to
Job Brief: Plan and execute live events in several market verticals including but not limited to Corporate, trade shows, theatrical in the field of audio, video, lighting, scenic and staging. The work includes a large component of client contact along with interaction with freelancers, partners, and key contacts.
Role: The main requirement of the job is to take a client's vision and bring it to life through pre show meetings, onsite project management and post production budgeting and meeting closure
● Review and qualify scope of work to have full understanding of the project to include budget, project schedule, workflow, internal resource requirements, concept designs and layouts.
● Ability to obtain client message and draw within vectorworks
● Collaborate with customer and sales team to develop technology and design solutions for projects.
● Creating long-and short-term plans, including setting targets for milestones and adhering to deadlines
● Manage and execute on-site production.
● Manage show labor as required and assigned.
● Organization of project documentation to include, Drawings, Schedules, Budgets, Contracts, PO's, Invoices, Logistic Documents, Subcontractor Contracts.
● Coordinate with internal labor coordinators for timely and accurate submission of all new hire paperwork and timesheets.
● Ability to always communicate project status and financial performance.
● Work with Sales or Account Manager to manage client expectations while on the show site.
● Promote job site safety and investigate all safety and reliability concerns; this is a safety sensitive position, a job or position where the employee holding this role has the responsibility for his/her own safety and the safety of other persons. An employee must be alert and with a clear mind and diligent while occupying such positions. ● Plans and builds labor calls in conjunction with the relevant Labor Coordinators.
● Responsible for tracking and communicating project change orders. ● May be required to participate in client presentations.
● Implement and follow continuous evolving processes. ● Meet client deadlines and timelines.
● Collaborate with internal teams (e.g. sales, senior management) to address customers' needs (Initial meetings, demo's, quoting, revisions, follow ups, etc)
● Must have Positive attitude.
Qualifications: Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
● Demonstrated organizational and time management skills, ability to prioritize multiple projects under tight deadlines.
● Excellent communication and interpersonal skills both written and verbal.
● Creative mindset and problem-solving aptitude.
● Ability to adapt, communicate and manage in a fast-paced working environment.
● Strong project management skills and attention to detail.
● Ability to lead and work well with a team.
● Expert in Budget Management, Vendor Management and Client Communications. ● Expert in Job Close out process.
● Experience of managing crews, budgets, and deadlines
● Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite. ● Proficient in using asset management software.
● Proficient in CRM software.
● Working knowledge of all industry areas (audio, lighting, video, rigging, scenery, scenic automation, engineering, labor).
● Ability to draw, read and comprehend drawings i.e., ground plans, sections, lighting plots.utilizing vectorworks.
● Proficient in Conflict resolution. ● Ability to sketch by hand to communicate ideas or requirements.
● Ability to read and comprehend contract Scope and terms and conditions. Physical demands
● Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time.
● Must be able to bend, climb stairs, and continuously stand or walk 50% of the time.
● Must be able to lift to 30 Ibs.
● Must be able to communicate effectively by listening and in both written and verbal forms.
● Hearing and vision within normal ranges is important for conversations to receive information and to prepare or inspect site plans, blueprints, and drawings. Travel required
● Extensive Travel up to 70%
● Must have valid Passport
● Must have Valid Driver's License Required education, experience and vaccinations ● Minimum of 5 years of experience in project management in Event Production.
● Audio Visual equipment knowledge expected
● BS/BA a plus ● OSHA 30 card Preferred ● Fully vaccinated