Primary Tasks and Responsibilities
- Confirm project requirements by reviewing program objective, input data, and output requirements with analyst, supervisor, and client.
- Arrange project requirements in programming sequence by analyzing requirements; preparing a work flow chart and diagram using knowledge of computer capabilities, subject matter, programming language, and logic.
- Encode project requirements by converting work flow information into computer language.
- Confirm program operation by conducting tests; modifying program sequence and/or codes.
- Prepare reference for users by writing operating instructions.
- Maintain historical records by documenting program development and revisions.
- Maintain client confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Ensure operation of equipment by following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in the control system programming of AV equipment or related technologies.
- The position of Control System Programmer requires the following attributes: technical capability, professionalism, self-motivation, self-discipline, focus and attention to detail and punctuality.
- This position regularly requires employees to sit, walk, and stand; talk or hear, both in person and by telephone; use hands repetitively to finger, handle, feel or operate standard office equipment; work extended hours, as needed, by project requirements.
- The candidate must have a demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, sometimes juggling multiple projects concurrently. Ability to analyze customer situations, make decisions and solve problems under pressure. Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy and detail. Basic numeric skills. Ability to maintain positive working relationships with management, co-workers, clients and vendors.
- Effective communication and interaction with employees, clients and colleagues. Ability to communicate effectively face-to-face, in groups, and via telephone and written communication. Ability to travel.
Requirements and Desired Certifications
- Hold a Valid Driver's License.
- Ability to obtain a security clearance.
- High school diploma required.
- Four-year degree preferred.
- Industry knowledge with the following proficiencies a plus:
- AVIXA Certified Technology Specialist (CTS) certification.
- C# and Web front end programming experience.
- Experience in GUI.
- DSP programs.
- Experience with IT configurations and hardware, and network-related protocols.
- General Programming Skills
- Analyzing Information
- Problem Solving
- Software Algorithm Design
- Software Performance Tuning
- Attention to Detail
- Software Design
- Software Debugging
- Software Development Fundamentals
- Software Documentation
- Software Testing