About the Job
We are seeking a dynamic AV Sales Manager Solutions Architect dedicated to transforming the way organizations communicate, collaborate, and connect. We are looking for a Design Engineer who is passionate about audio-visual technology and possesses a deep understanding of AV Systems. This position will play a crucial role in supporting an assigned Sales Executive and will serve as a subject matter expert on absolute AV's product offerings and solutions. They will collaborate exclusively, or in conjunction with Sales to understand their requirements and design customized solutions that align with their goals. This position will report directly to the assigned Senior Account Executive.
We offer a unique approach to medical/dental premiums and a competitive salary package based on experience. We consider our team the best in AV!
Position Accountabilities and Expectations:
· Directly responsible completion of all technical deliverables required for each opportunity including, but not limited to, complete bill of materials with pricing, labor estimate, and scope of work.
· Professionally write and complete partial written technical scopes of work that include engineering details. Translate customer requirements into functional systems drawings and create signal flow diagrams.
· Expected to accompany Account Executives to in-person and virtual Customer meetings as needed.
· Attend needs analysis meetings and or site surveys to support the Account Management team
· Work alongside the owner's project team to set the expectation for project success that supports the system's design. Together with the team, represent the company by:
Ø Performing as lead "client-care officer" through direct contact with major clients
Ø Facilitating and delivering a positive resolution of client account challenges in concert with Operations
Ø Quantifying, demonstrating and providing value to clients continually
Ø Demonstrating a customer-focused mindset and utilizing a wide range of professional sophistication
Ø Managing key customer relationships and participating in closing strategic opportunities
· Translate the client's needs into a complete AV programming document that is in alignment with AIA standards
· Write AV design bid documents in AIA standard formats
· Contribute to developing standards that support the design and sales process
· Research new technology and translate insight to develop and propose new products through evaluation and demonstrations
· Conform to LSE standards and IMS protocols when completing sales engineering tasks
· Close-ratio of 40% or more - close is defined as a complete proposal generation (i.e. five million quotas of Sales Engineering will result in 2 million sold)
· In conjunction with the Account Executive, develop an annual business plan to identify prospects, and plan for growing customer base.
· Stay up to date with emerging audiovisual technologies, industry trends, and best practices, and make recommendations for system enhancements and updates.
What you will bring:
- Six+ years of System Integration/Audio-Visual industry engineering experience
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or Network Administration and/or relevant job experience that includes in-depth knowledge of systems integration disciplines.
- Sales Acumen and significant knowledge of the Integration industry. Experience in a Farmer Sales capacity in the AV industry would be extremely beneficial.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with the sales team to produce accurate bills of material that support the scope of work for new proposals and provide insight and expertise to the engineering team when developing new product evaluations and demonstrations
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, stressful environment while exercising sound judgment and decision-making.
- Exceptional communication, organizational, and problem-solving skills. Ability to diagnose complex system problems and requests
- Proven experience in contracting, negotiations, change management, and most importantly strategic planning and execution
- Proven ability to be collaborative and thrive in a team environment
- Exceptional Knowledge of AVL systems and proven track record of creating and documenting AV systems design
- Aggressive self-starter with the ability to identify, utilize, and leverage internal resources
- Demonstrated problem-solving abilities and expert client management and service skills
- A current driver's license in good standing
- An ability to work Monday through Friday, nights and weekends as necessary
- An ability to think independently with a sense of urgency to meet project deadlines. Must be flexible and adapt to the necessary changes in the project schedule