We currently have an opening for a Senior Staff Engineer/Geologist/Scientist with a full-service environmental consulting firm in the Bay Area.
About the Firm:
As an environmental consulting firm, we provide affordable resolutions to intricate environmental and engineering issues. Utilizing our technical proficiency and a thorough understanding of regulatory guidelines, we strive to fulfill our clients' project goals and objectives.
- Enhance existing expertise in drilling procedures and standard field sampling for various environmental media (such as soil, unconsolidated deposits and bedrock, soil vapor, groundwater, surface water/sediment, and air).
- Clearly document and record field data and observations.
- Supervise the installation of groundwater and soil vapor monitoring wells.
- Act as the in-field task lead, implementing investigation work plans.
- Manage project kick-off tasks, including the preparation of project plans, permit applications, sub-contractor agreements, site-specific Health and Safety Plans (HASPs), and other project-related documentation.
- Train newer staff on field methods according to standard operating procedures.
- Supervise subcontractors during environmental site investigation and remediation work.
- Expand experience in analyzing, evaluating, presenting, and interpreting hydrologic, hydrogeologic, and chemical data obtained during field investigations.
- Prepare preliminary technical reports for review by the project manager and principal in charge.
- Demonstrate a commitment and ability to implement and lead safe work practices in the field, following the HASP, provided training, and other applicable regulations.
- Acquire a working knowledge and understanding of federal and state regulations relevant to environmental site investigation, remediation, compliance, and due diligence projects.
- Bachelor's Degree required; a Master's Degree is preferred in Engineering or a similar applied science field.
- 2-4 years of experience.
- A valid driver's license and a clean driving record.
- Basic computer skills, including the use of a tablet computer for in-field documentation. Proficient in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Adobe Professional.
- Excellent communication, teamwork, analytical, organizational, technical writing, problem-solving, and client service skills.
- Self-sufficient with the ability to work under pressure of deadlines.
- Capable of overseeing and working with subcontractors (e.g., drillers, construction workers, etc.) during fieldwork.
- Able to work outdoors, standing for long periods of time (field days can exceed 12 hours). Confident in working at environmentally impacted field sites and committed to being a proactive participant in health and safety culture.
- Willing and able to respond to and perform emergency response work, including being on-call for set durations of time.