My client is seeking a Building Enclosure Consultant who will apply thier physical knowledge to practical applications for a variety of construction types, both modern and historic.
A career at this company will give you the opportunity to learn from and grow alongside industry-leading experts, as you develop your technical expertise, your hands-on capabilities, and your project management skills, ultimately becoming a well-rounded expert primed to make a meaningful impact in your field.
- Assume responsibility for key aspects of projects and complete assignments with limited oversight, under the guidance of licensed professionals
- Perform hands-on forensic investigations, condition assessments, and construction observations, which may include surveying, documenting distress, field testing, collecting data and samples, and preparing site visit reports
- Analyze field data and perform research and review of modern and historic construction documents, governing codes, and design guidelines to facilitate analysis, problem solving, and repair design
- Assist with drafting and preparation of conceptual, preliminary, and final client deliverables, including various construction documents, specifications, and written reports
- Interface with project teams, clients, contractors, and other engineering disciplines
- Bachelor of Architecture degree or Masters degree in architecture, architectural engineering, or related field, from an accredited program
- Must have a Licensed: Either RA or PE
- Solid foundation in architectural engineering principles with demonstrated interest in the design, construction, and repair of building enclosures; principles of heat, air, and moisture control within enclosure materials and assemblies; evaluation of building performance; and/or preservation and rehabilitation of historic structures
- Effective technical, graphical, written, and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated enthusiasm and curiosity for solving problems and understanding how things work
- Proactive, team player mindset with willingness to take on various responsibilities
- Ability to prioritize tasks and adapt to changing demands, while maintaining a high standard of excellence, integrity, and attention to detail
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This position requires visual acuity and listening ability. Individuals must have the dexterity to be able to operate office and field equipment such as computer, printer, fax, copier, telephone, voice mail system, and other office and field equipment. Requirements may also include:
- Ability to attend meetings at the various office, field, and construction sites
- Ability to perform inspections of buildings and other structures, both visually and with instruments
- Ability to lift and carry materials and equipment up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to perform work in the temperature extremes presented by work in the outdoors
- Ability to read construction drawings, diagrams, printed materials, and computer screens
- Ability to record data clearly and write passages for reports, letters, etc.
- Ability to travel
- Ability to safely work at heights
- Ability to safely use and/or operate ladders, scaffolds, lifts and other access equipment
- Ability to understand and appreciate safety training specific to numerous workplace and construction hazards
- Ability to safely work in a variety of occupationally hazardous locations
- Medically fit to utilize respiratory protection devices and other forms of Personal Protective Equipment
- Ability to drive and safely operate a motor vehicle