In this firm you will use your leadership skills and technical abilities to solve unique and interesting problems within a company that provides you the freedom and resources to advance your career.
The Project Engineer/Architect is a degreed professional with 3-6 years of relevant work experience. I am currently seeking motivated individuals to join this exciting firm in their Charlottesville office.
The successful candidate has 3-6 years experience and knowledge of building enclosure consulting, the complete building envelope, performance testing of architectural elements, evaluation, repair, and design of façade and roofing systems. The ideal candidate will have experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Performance testing of architectural elements, evaluation, repair and design of façade and roofing systems, and building enclosure consulting.
- Evaluation, investigation, and design of unique repairs for existing buildings that have experienced either architectural failures, water leakage or other moisture induced damage.
- Field testing of architectural systems including, windows, doors, curtainwalls, storefronts, skylights, masonry, metal and composite panels, exterior cladding systems, roofing.
- Design and development of contract documents for the renovation, restoration and preservation of existing buildings.
- Third party peer reviews of building enclosures for both constructability and performance.
- Site observations of newly installed envelope components.
- Waterproofing systems, and other components of the building envelope.
- Hygrothermal analysis of wall and roof assemblies.
- Direct client interaction, team building, and project management.
For this firm, creating lasting solutions that extend the service life of structures is at the heart of our business. Whether preserving our nation's historic buildings, rehabilitating an existing structure, or designing green, high performance elements for new construction, our staff enjoy a supportive, creative work environment and engagement with other experienced and dedicated professionals. The firm encourages participation in industry groups, publication of papers, speaking engagements, and professional seminars to advance staff knowledge, promote technological advancement, and remain trusted leaders in our field. As part of our team, you will contribute to the success of our employee-owned company and help to shape our industry. Position and salary are commensurate with experience. The firm offers a competitive benefits package including:
- Health insurance (medical, dental, and vision)
- Fully-paid life and disability insurance
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) - fully-funded by the firm.
- Wellness Benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- A Bachelor's degree in Civil/Structural Engineering or Architecture (Master's and PhD applicants are preferred)
- Registered Architect or Licensed Engineer
- 3-6 years of related experience
- The desire to engage in hands-on field investigations.
- Ability to work in the field and to travel depending on job assignment and workload.
- Valid driver's license, driving history, and background verifications.