LVI are currently seeking a building enclosure consultant to provide technical support to a tier 1, national consulting firm with an established presence in Georgia.
The company are construction consulting firm that provides technical expertise to architects, owners, investors, and contractors. They are a small company of around 40 employees, in which employees have the opportunity to wear many hats. Much of their work is highly technical, and their employees regularly engage in research to improve knowledge in a variety of construction and design subjects. Their culture is one of collaboration, intellectual curiosity, technical expertise, and integrity. They are a connected group that regularly engages socially while much of their staff continues to work remote.
This position requires a good understanding of building science and building codes. Candidates should have an interest in the "technical side" of building envelope consultancy and a drive to understand all types of building systems. Lifelong learners will find excitement in their culture of regular knowledge sharing. While graphic skills are beneficial, this role does not involve design. Project Managers regularly produce written reports, so the ideal candidate will need to enjoy technical writing. The ability to communicate effectively with contractors, developers, consultants, municipal officials, and project investor/equity partners is critical to the role. Strong verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Bachelor of Science in Civil/Structural/Architectural Engineering, or Architecture preferred
- Licensed Architect or Professional Engineer in the state of Georgia preferred
- IIBEC credential preferred (RRO/RRC/RWC/REWO/REWC/RBEC)
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Understanding of architectural, structural and basic mechanical and electrical system design documents
- Ability to provide clear and well-written reports to clients (building owners, architects, engineers) regarding project specific system performance and energy evaluations
- Knowledge of building codes, design guidelines, and industry standards
- Involvement in building enclosure and building sciences professional organizations
If this role isn't specifically in line with your experience, or you're just looking for something bit different, connect with Hugh Evans at LVI Associates on LinkedIn for a confidential conversation to discuss other options and opportunities!