LVI are currently in search of an Architect, Engineer or Consultant with experience working with Building Enclosures from a New Construction and Existing Construction perspective and an interest in project management for buildings of moderate to very large size and complexity from design through construction.
They are an industry-leading, multidisciplinary Architectural Engineering & Construction Consulting firm that provide creative and effective solutions to the built world and target the global and economic crisis we continually face. With a passion and reputation for experts in the built world, they target climate change, make buildings safer and more sustainable, as well as work on some of the most exciting/monumental projects both nationally and internationally.
- You will have knowledge in the behaviour of building enclosures and their components for use in forensic analyses relating to, commercial and high-end residential structures.
- Experience in performing failure cause & origin analysis on building systems, authoring technical reports, and construction litigation is desired. Building envelope types include, but are not limited to, cladding, wall enclosures, roofing systems, and fenestration components.
- Strong organisational and communication skill
- Ability to organises multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
- Experience collaborating with contractors, architects and consultants
- Experience managing project and deliverable schedules
- Effective oral and written English skills
- Skills in AutoCAD and Revit preferred.
- An interest in energy-related building issues, durability and building science.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Perform forensic investigations of building envelope failures.
- Diagnose failures in building envelope systems and recommend solutions for remediation of those failures.
- Fieldwork to document as-built conditions and damage to building systems as a result of natural (wind, water, fire, earth movement, etc.) and/or human-induced origins (design and construction errors/omissions). Natural events can include large catastrophes such as regional floods, hurricanes, tornadoes, fires and earthquakes.
- Utilising building codes, technical knowledge, and understanding of construction practices to establish repair scope recommendations as well as cause and origin analyses.
- Evaluate design drawings and documentation.
- Communicate with Clients, interface with Code Officials and Contractors to address construction issues to provide detailed reports.
- Willing to travel, as needed, on short notice at times.
- Manage all aspects of assigned projects including scope, client handling, quality assurance, site and off-site work, and billing. These skills will be mentored
- Assist with production of building enclosure details by utilizing and contributing to our detail library
- Produce unique building envelope details for new construction and rehabilitation projects
- Review and produce written reports and letters
- Coordinate with and direct Project Consultants assigned to your projects
- Manage deliverable schedules
- Participate in collaborative design processes with architects, engineers, landscape architects and contractors
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor or Master of Science degree in Architecture from an ABET accredited program required.
- State of California Licensed Architect or Civil/Structural Engineer a plus
- Minimum 10 Years Architectural experience in design or other background that promotes an understanding of building construction.
- Familiarity with various building roofing systems, both low-slope and steep-slope.
- Knowledge of national building and construction codes (IBC, IRC, IEBC, etc.)
- Understanding of heat, air and moisture control principles within enclosure materials and assemblies.
- Familiarity with performance and testing requirements, details and specifications for building enclosures.
- Familiarity with facade components and assemblies, particularly at their interfaces.
- Registered Roof Observer (RRO) and Registered Roof Consultant (RRC) designations are a plus.
- They offer a competitive salary (commensurate with experience) and benefits program including a generous 401K match above industry average, 100% ownership, medical, dental, vision, and paid vacation.