My client is looking for a senior design consultant familiar with all aspects of the building envelope - Curtainwall experience is essential for successful applicants. With scope to grow out a new division, the growth potential is exponential, as such my client is looking for a seller-doer that has familiarity with client facing and business development.
Building sciences as related to performance aspects of building envelopes. In depth design, manufacturing and installation knowledge about:
- Glazed wall systems, panel walls and other fenestration elements.
- Point supported and structural sealant glazed glass.
- Hurricane, tornado and blast resistant wall systems.
- Masonry, stone facades and cast stone. Sealants, waterproofing and insulation
- Sound knowledge of building materials, field investigation methods, and scientific principles as they relate to building envelope performance.
- Codes, technical standards and 3-part technical specifications.
- Commissioning practices.
- Climatic and environmental influences in multiple regions.
- Costs of materials and labour.
- Prior art, current art and emerging art.
- Means and methods, best practices.
- Knowledge of common modes of building envelope failures
- Degree in Structural Engineering or Architecture (or similar - Engineer preferred but not required)
- PE or RA Licensure in MN (surrounding and other states strongly preferred)
- Other licenses such as LEED AP etc also strongly desired but not essential
- 10+ years experience (building envelope experience preferred)
- Demonstrable consultancy experience in the building envelope world
- Business Development and Client Facing skills