LVI are looking for a career-driven Building Envelope Consultant in South Carolina to join a multi-disciplinary tier 1 firm who is looking to develop their skill-set and help drive a this firm towards their goals!
The company are construction consulting firm that provides technical expertise to architects, owners, investors, and contractors. They are a mid-sized company of around 60 employees, in which employees have the opportunity to get exposure to a broad scope of work, much of which is highly technical. They are a connected group that regularly engages socially and proudly boasts a culture of collaboration and well-tenured employees. There is also a huge opportunity for growth with regular organic promotions in the firm, and opportunities to obtain shares and ownership at management level.
The role requires command level knowledge of a wide variety of building cladding, water and air barrier, roofing, decking, window, door, and below grade waterproofing systems. An architectural or engineering license is required but does not alone demonstrate sufficient capability to perform well in this position.
This position is a remote/hybrid position with flexibility and autonomy to set ones own schedule.
- Participate on building enclosure projects that include the assessment, field testing and quality observation of façade, roofing and waterproofing systems.
- Perform field investigations, including moisture intrusion, non-destructive testing and fenestration/façade testing.
- Make specific recommendations based on inspection/assessment
- Ensure that assessment reports, proposals, inspection reports and information required to serve the client are properly prepared and reported in accordance with company administrative policies
- An extensive understanding of exterior building systems restoration and renovation
- An extensive understanding of concrete restoration and waterproofing - parking garage structures, plaza decks etc.
- Respond to all technical questions accurately and in a timely fashion
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Commercial building envelope experience required.
- inspect assets with a focus on what is needed to preserve and extend the lifecycle
- Assess the condition including active leak issues, overall condition and deterioration
- Registration as a Professional Engineer or Licensed Architect in the state of South Carolina
- Bachelor's/Master's degree in Civil/Structural/Architectural engineering
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in restoration and/or building science
- Building envelope experience- vertical façade restoration, vertical wall structural remediation and forensic engineering experience
- Building and structure assessment experience
- Ability to read, understand and interpret contract documents, drawings, specifications, scopes of work, and project schedules.
- Knowledge of all common vertical wall/façade systems
- Technically competent with field data collection tools
- Strong computer skills
- Willingness to travel
- Team player with good communication skills
If this role isn't specifically in line with your experience, or you're just looking for something bit different, connect with Hugh Evans at LVI Associates on LinkedIn for a confidential conversation to discuss other options and opportunities!