About This Opportunity:
The successful candidate will provide building envelope and waterproofing services to clients and develop your own projects.
This position will establish, maintain, and serve local and national clients. You will serve as the primary client contact on projects related to new construction and existing building structures, historic structures, including the waterproofing design and evaluation of below-grade foundation systems, plazas and podiums, exterior walls and façade systems, and roofing assemblies.
The successful candidate will also lead team efforts on forensic investigations, behaviour evaluations, condition assessments using non-destructive and destructive testing methods, and the development of the waterproofing design. You will lead team members in the development of construction documents, technical specifications, construction administration services, and third-party inspections for the Building Envelope and Forensic Restoration Team.
- Management of various building envelope projects ranging from investigation to construction administration phase.
- Writing proposals and scope of work descriptions for projects.
- Leading team in the development of building envelope contract documents, including technical specifications.
- Leading team for detailed site inspections and writing of evaluation reports.
- Peer review of envelope details and specifications.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Structural Engineering, Civil Engineering, Architecture or similar.
- P.E Licensed in Texas
- 10+ years of previous building envelope and waterproofing experience, 5 years of which include managing building envelope projects in Texas and the surrounding states.
- Professional license in architecture, structural engineering, or civil engineering.
- Strong writing, communication, and team skills.
- High-level knowledge of various building envelope systems, materials, and products.
- Experience in new construction building envelope design and technical analysis of existing buildings.
- Willingness to travel.
If this role isn't specifically in line with your experience, or you're just looking for something bit different, connect with Hugh Evans on LinkedIn for a confidential conversation to discuss other options and opportunities!