My client, a boutique engineering and architecture firm based in Toronto is looking for a Building Envelope Consultant to join their growing firm renowned for strong mentorship across all levels.
My client is a start-up firm that was formed when two principals from one of the biggest building science firms in Boston left to start up their own shop. What separates them from any other firm in the industry is their commitment to learning and development. They will happily put a 2-year engineer up against any 5/6 year engineer from another firm for the reason that even from a graduate level, oversight is provided directly from the principals of the firm who have 20+ years of experience in building science. What this therefore means is that the growth curve undertaken is far steeper than at any typical consulting firm and therefore, a place to fast track any career.
- At least 5 years building envelope experience
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Architecture
- Desire engage in construction administration, restoration, rehabilitation, leak investigation, facade consulting and design repair.
- PE licensure - (EIT's close to PE may be considered)
The ideal candidate will have experience with one or more of the following:
- Oversee the evaluation, investigation, and design of unique repairs for existing buildings that have experienced either architectural failures, water leakage or other moisture-induced damage.
- Possess experience in the design and development of full contract documents for the renovation, restoration, and preservation of existing buildings.
- Conduct third-party peer reviews of building enclosures for both construct-ability and performance.
- Perform site observations of newly installed envelope components.
- Field testing of architectural systems including, windows, doors, curtain walls, storefronts, skylights, masonry, metal and composite panels, exterior cladding systems, roofing and waterproofing systems, and other components of the building envelope.
- Interact directly with clients and independently manage projects.
Benefits include but are not limited to:
- Health insurance (medical, dental, and vision)
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- 401(k) plan with company match