A global and leading Water Treatment Engineering Solutions company is looking for a Business Development Manager (BDM) for Water Treatment Projects in Shanghai, China. The ideal candidate should possess a strong network with relevant EPCM and knowledge on process water technology.
Industry covered: Electrical, Power, Chemical, Micro-electronics.
Intended target: 10 million yuan in a year
- Collection, summary, presentation and reporting of key project information for projects which have been identified.
- Preparation of the Go / NO GO decision information.
- Identification of strategic potential partners.
- Collection of strategic information before and during tender phase
- Development of commercial strategy for securing the contract
- Identification of the key Decision Makers and the decision making structures and procedures for target projects, and development of strong and professional relationships with the Clients and the Decision makers.
- Development of the commercial strategy with the Clients, and communication of the commercial strategy internally as appropriate for the correct and relevant preparation of our documentation at each stage of the project.
- Communication with the Clients.
- To act as an interface to lead the contract negotiations projects where we have secured a position as preferred bidder. In connection with that, to be capable to understand the issues at hand, and to persuade / negotiate with the Client
- University Degree/Postgraduate Diploma in Engineering (Civil, Environmental, Chemical) will be preferred. Master in Business Administration a plus
- Minimum 8 years of Project Sales / BD experience in water treatment market. A Senior BDM position will be considered for candidates who are suitable
- Experienced in Ultrapure Water (UPW), Municipal & Industrial water sector or Sludge Treatment sector
- Rich connections and network with relevant EPCM
- Good proficiency in both Chinese and English
- Preferably Shanghai based (others may be considered)
- Local Chinese candidates only (due to limited VISA)
Interested applicants, please 'Apply Now' with your CV/Resume. For any direct application or queries, please reach out to me directly at Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.