A highly reputable engineering firm recognized for delivering exceptional infrastructure projects that shape communities for the better is looking for a CAD Technician. Our client is currently seeking a dynamic and experienced CAD Tech for successful execution of various transportation projects. This opportunity offers a chance to play a key role in transforming transportation networks and making a lasting impact on society.
Position: CAD Technician
Location: Austin, TX/ San Antonio, TX
Job Type: Full-time
- Creates conceptual and final design of utilities, grading, pavement and drainage, pavement, drainage, bridges, and roadway alignment.
- Conducts research, suggests, and delivers alternative design methodologies in response to client preferences, governmental regulations, and additional project demands.
- Performs and supervises designs utilizing CAD.
- Coordinates, monitors, and oversees design completion, permit applications, material quantities and cost estimates performed by junior designers and technicians.
- Assists junior designers
- Organizes or directs field visits to collect data or resolve design conflicts.
- May train less experienced junior professionals, designers and CAD technicians as required.
- 5+ years of design experience supporting Highways.
- Proficiency with the following software suites: MicroStation, Open Roads, GEOPAK, AutoCAD Civil 3D, and Auto TURN.
- Familiarity with TxDOT
- Good technical writing and communication skills.
- Opportunity to work on varying sized projects.
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work schedules (hybrid)
- Group Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities and a highly regarded tuition reimbursement program
If you are an ambitious and experienced CAD Tech seeking a challenging opportunity to lead transformative projects, we want to hear from you! Apply today and be a part of their mission to create sustainable and efficient transportation networks.
To apply, please submit your updated resume outlining your relevant experience and accomplishments. For inquiries or further information, feel free to contact me at:
Salary Range: $60,000-$80,000 (depending on experience)