Working with a 100% employee-owned consulting firm with more than 2,000 employees. They are ranked in the top 60 on engineering new records list of top 500 design firms.
This firm is looking for a CEI Section Head in Virginia Beach. The ideal candidate will be responsible for business development, financial success, and managing staff for the discipline.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Understand local existing and targeted clients programs and what future project opportunities are available
- Familiarity with VDOT and Locally Administered Project (LAP) requirements and protocols
- Coordinate strategic growth plan with office managers and practice leaders
- Establish and grow market presence in area through marketing and business development
- Coordinate teaming efforts with similar type firms in the industry
- Manage financial budget for department and allocate resources accordingly
- Lead and contribute to the production of proposals
- Serve as a technical expertise resource to project managers and technical staff
- Collaborate with design leaders for opportunities on projects for sharing capabilities and new tasks
- Monitor and coordinate all training requirements for assigned staff, forecasting their upcoming training needs and ensuring certifications remain current
- Interview, hire and develop staff for the section
- Perform performance reviews for staff based on input from project managers on assigned teams
- Manages contracts, including invoicing and financial management of assigned projects
- Prepare technical and price proposals for projects and task orders
- Bachelor's degree in civil engineering or a related field from an accredited program
- 10+ years' experience in CEI
- Project management and business development experience
- Construction Management experience with roadways and bridges
Apply today if this role is of interest.