Lead day to day operations of Estimating Department and perform Chief Estimator responsibilities. Lead Business Development function to generate new business opportunities for company. Responsible for oversight and accuracy of bidding of public and private jobs. Collaborate with Project Management and Operations to ensure negotiated estimate, scope of work, terms/conditions/exclusions and clarifications to contract are upheld.
ESTIMATING AND TEAM LEADERSHIP
- Manage and bid own portfolio of projects.
- Manage bid leads and review process; review plans and specifications to ensure they are biddable and feasible to build; manage bid schedule and delegate assignments to estimating team members. Attend pre-planning meetings as necessary.
- Lead estimating department in the development of cost estimates. Use conceptual and unit cost techniques based on pre-planning sessions with field personnel, engineers, owners, sub-contractors and suppliers. Review contract proposals and final contracts. Reviews final pricing with VP, Estimating & Project Management and President. Ensure accurate data is maintained in HCSS software database.
- Oversee submission of the contract proposal. Assist estimators in client discussions to answer questions and gain feedback regarding scope and pricing relative to client's budget or competing proposals; secure a commitment from the client to perform the proposed work.
- Oversee cost accounting function within estimating department; assist in setup of bids for cost accounting system or process; monitor monthly invoices, extra work and WIP for accuracy and make recommendations as needed. Review monthly and annual cost reports for accuracy.
- Responsible for coaching and development of Estimating Team members. Provide ongoing feedback and conduct Performance Appraisals. Complete department Succession Plan to identify development opportunities and staffing needs. Lead team hiring processes. Complete Employee Status Change forms (pay rate changes, address/name change, termination, promotion), Attendance Reports, Warning Notices, First Report of Injury, Accident Reports.