For this position, a stand-out civil engineer is desired to increase the technical strength in the conveyance of water.
Flexible work options are available. Position may be open to work in other offices within a 4-hour drive to Kansas City area : Springfield / St Louis MO, Omaha, NE and Wichita, KS.
The ideal candidate will be highly experienced in the evaluation, planning, rehabilitation and design water conveyance systems, such as sanitary sewers, storm sewers, transmission / distribution systems, to help us develop and deliver the best technical solutions for our clients.
A strong preference will be provided to a candidate that can demonstrate their experience with detailed design and rehabilitation of conveyance projects.
Other desired work competencies for this position include the following :
- Lead or participate in water pumping and conveyance projects
- Experience to lead process-mechanical designs for conventional and advanced water and wastewater treatment designs for upgrades, greenfield or long-term programmatic development.
- Develop and conduct engineering analysis for planning, studies and detailed designs for water treatment systems
- Provide project management assistance and technical leadership; develop and mentor junior level staff on projects.
- Able to present sound technical solutions and work products to peers, clients and other stakeholders.
- Prepare and develop engineering technical reports, studies and specifications, and evaluate alternatives.
- Mechanical process equipment selection and design working with manufacturers and vendors;
- conduct field investigations during design and construction.
- Provide engineering services during construction support
- Utilize internal systems and tools including quality control and quality assurance procedures
- Assist with business development pursuits, when required.
- Submit technical papers and designs for publishing to technical journals. Contribute to our Technical Knowledge Management (TKM) by developing white papers and technical design documentation of new or special case designs, studies, etc..
- Sustainability and design, i.e. Envision framework
- NASSCO trained and certified, e.g. PACP, MACP.
- Familiarity and experience with asset management programs.
- Bachelors degree in Civil, Environmental, or Mechanical Engineering or related discipline.
- Professional engineering (PE) license.
- 7 years of related experience.
- Domestic and / or international travel may be required. The frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties, responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position, which may vary depending on workload and project demands.
Skills and Abilities
- Expert Knowledge of computer assisted design and drafting (CADD) 3D and 4D software and practices.
- Expert Knowledge of engineer principles of design.
- Expert Knowledge of Microsoft business software (excel, word, etc.).
- Excellent verbal and written communication.