This is client is an award-winning, multi-disciplined firm headquartered in NC who have been recognized throughout the industry and have been on the NC Triangle Business Journal's Fast 50 for seven years.
This position will lead the project design, client communication, permitting, and management of commercial and residential development projects. In this position, you will collaborate in-house with other civil engineers, landscape architects, land surveyors, and others to assist their clients in developing public, private, and mixed-use projects.
- Supervise the execution of projects, including technical, financial, client coordination, approvals, and permitting issues.
- Prepare proposals with project schedules and fees.
- Effectively manage and assign duties and schedules to assigned team members.
- Exceed client's expectations and foster client relationships by collaboration and problem-solving with the client as needed.
- Communicate with clients regularly to provide project status and updates.
- Fully permit and secure entitlements of projects, including rezoning, special use permits, conditional use permits, site plan approvals, and required construction document approvals and permits.
- Supervise construction administration-related duties such as meetings, site visits, responses to RFIs, and review of shop drawings.
- Lead and mentor staff, including civil designers and CAD technicians assigned to project team to ensure all responsibilities are met and that time is spent efficiently and effectively.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously while meeting project budgets and schedules.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering
- Registration as a Professional is required
- Minimum seven years of experience
- Working knowledge of various computer programs including Civil 3D, AutoCAD, MS Office
- Specific design experience required with planning, site layout, landscaping, grading, storm drainage, stormwater management, utilities, and erosion control
- Familiarity with entitlement processes and local permitting regulations
- Ability to prepare presentations and effectively deliver those to Boards, Commissions, and Communities
- Effective collaboration skills