We are seeking an experienced, high-energy candidate who thrives on an entrepreneurial aspiration to build impactful teams, develop a growth-oriented practice, and make positive impacts in the communities we serve. This person will serve as an organizational leader to direct the strategic, financial, and management activities of the Land Development, Institutional, Parks, Camps and Campgrounds Client Service Groups.
As a Vice President you will:
- Provide leadership and guidance; coach, train, motivate, develop and provide accountability, resulting in well-trained, reliable, customer service-oriented Associates and Directors.
- Lead in modeling organizational culture and norms; reinforce expectations and performance standards across the organization.
- Guide the development and implementation of business plans; translate overall business strategies to functional area strategies and tactics; successfully convey organizational mission, vision, values, and strategies company- wide.
- Manage P & L financials, including profitable margins; develop and grow top-line revenue and financial targets; develop and manage financial model for staffing and resources.
- Execute business development strategies in conjunction with the Directors and other Innovation Pod's to meet and exceed Pod and Organizational revenue goals.
- Obtain and maintain sustainable clients with consistent annual revenue (> $150K) for a five-year period.
- Review/Assess (and potentially reassign) roles and responsibilities annually - in cooperation with the development of business plans - to align with client and market needs.
- Improve and expand Organizational services to meet client needs - taking into consideration strategic alliances, teaming partners and resource firms.
- Evaluate existing service lines, market changes and implement appropriate actions.
- Analyze strategic opportunities for new markets and service lines, and lead implementation.
- Education: Preferred Bachelor's degree in fields related to Site Development.
- Experience: 15+ years in Site Development with knowledge and respect of the development community in Ohio.
- Supervisory Experience: 7+ years
- Advanced communication and interpersonal skills.
- Analytic and creative thinking.
- Excellent leadership and organizational skills in a team-oriented environment.
- Understanding of the Site Development market and needs from clients.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Work hours are typically 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Occasional evening work may be required as job duties demand.
Flexible Hybrid Schedule
Travel is primarily local during the business day.
Must have a valid driver's license and possess a driving record that will enable the employee to be insurable under the Company's standard vehicle insurance and general comprehensive liability insurance without additional costs to the Company.
This position will lead technical and professional staff and teams. Activities include interviews and hiring decisions, training new staff, performance management, resource allocation and resource forecasting.