A full-service engineering and construction firm in Fort Worth is in need of an exceptional Civil Works Engineer. Longstanding experts in municipal and federal infrastructure, they deliver exceptional client service, quality results, and enduring value across the entire project life cycle.
We are looking for someone who has excellent client interaction skills, with USACE design experience. If you have experience leading a large multi-discipline team, possess a diverse skillset including a background with large civil projects involving grading, highways projects, etc. this role could be a fit.
As Civil Works Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Creating and signing off on basic to highly complex engineering designs involving site layout development, site grading and drainage, and hydraulics and hydrology calculations.
- Ensuring that firm policies and practices are followed on all designs.
- Performing site reviews and studies, as needed, to ensure designs are aligned with location specifications. Updates design requirements as necessary.
- Contributing to firm's TKM by developing white papers and technical design documentation of new or special case designs, studies, etc.
- Submitting technical papers and designs for publishing to technical journals.
- Collaborating with sales staff to create proposals in response to current and potential client requests for proposal (RFPs).
- Reviewing draft proposals for adherence to firm, industry, state, local and federal regulations and best practices. Meeting with current and potential future clients to review their current and future design needs.
- Attending conferences, symposia, etc. to improve the visibility of the firm's products and services in collaboration with applicable sales staff.
- Mentoring more junior staff and developing them for future growth within the discipline and firm.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil, Environmental, or Mechanical Engineering or related discipline.
- Professional engineering (PE) license.
- 7 years of related experience. Domestic and/or international travel may be required.
- Equivalent additional directly related experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- The frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties, responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position, which may vary depending on workload and project demands.
Interested applicants, please 'Apply Now' with your CV/Resume and we will be in touch with you shortly. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Should you have any friends who might be keen or suitable, please feel free to share this opportunity with them or simply get them to contact our consultants.