Commercial Construction - Senior Estimator (Full-time)
Expert Commercial Construction Estimator to be based in New York. Ready to come and join a thriving and exciting company working on a range of new ground up projects in the vibrant city of New York.
- Works with the Company estimating systems and processes.
- Applies estimating terminology, measures, concepts, and principles.
- Recognizes how various processes/project actions and assumptions may impact the project estimates and begin to assist in quantifying the impact.
- Prepares bid packages, conceptual estimates and analysis of subcontractor bids, etc. for projects.
- Performs duties with some complexity under general supervision.
- Assisting in the preparation of larger and more complex estimating assignments including the Estimate Plan.
- Understands the URS EC Division costing structure (overheads, G&A, insurance, etc.)
- Develops wage rate build-ups.
- Interpretations of drawings and specifications.
- Develops detailed material take-offs for estimate development and field procurement of bulk materials.
- Develops cash flow schedules and estimates.
- Experience with a larger General Contractor (GC) in the vertical, commercial construction market.
- 5-10 years experience of working in the commercial construction industry.
- Experience with the development of detailed quantity take offs.
- Project experience to include high rise residential and/or hospitality.
- Experience with exterior facades highly preferred
If you feel you are suitable for this role and would like to apply.