We have a current opportunity for a Commercial Director on a permanent basis with an offshore wind developer that is looking to expand regionally and be the number one, leading offshore wind developer in Asia. The position will be based in Taipei, Taiwan. For further information about this position please apply.
- Support the technical team through procurement and delivery of designated project packages,
- Develop and implement appropriate procurement strategies to meet the individual project needs,
- Support the project commercial lead to ensure compliance with all project commercial and localisation parameters,
- Supply chain management to match individual project needs,
- Manage tender process including developing of tender packages, clarifications, evaluations (contractual, commercial, technical and localisation),
- Supplier selection and contract award recommendations,
- Negotiate contract documents with counterparties; Prepare, review, and edit contracts,
- Monitor and track the status of contracts under-development,
- Ensure contract documents are accurate and well maintained,
- Analyse all requirements and provisions in contracts, including terms and conditions, to ensure compliance with all laws and regulations and company policies and procedures.
- Ensure that contracts are approved and executed in accordance with project / company governance protocols,
- Undertake contract administration and management duties for all contracts including but not limited to contract amendments, variations, Key Performance Indicators, reviewing and approving applications for payment,
- Coordinate with the finance and controls departments to ensure correct budgeting, forecasting and processing of costs,
- Make sure NDAs are in place before confidential information is exchanged with counterparties,
- Guide or support junior commercial staff, where required,
- Other contract administration work, as required.
We are looking for individuals with excellent communication and interpersonal skills and cultural awareness. You will need to demonstrate as a minimum:
- Educated to degree level in commercial management, engineering, quantity surveying, business or legal, with a minimum of 6 years' relevant experience in a construction contract or commercial position,
- Extensive procurement and contract management experience is a key requirement, and the role will require excellent commercial awareness with particular experience in FIDIC, BIMCO, and LOGIC forms of contracts being favoured,
- Experience with floating wind projects, in particular floating foundations, is strongly preferred, however any major offshore wind package or equivalent offshore construction project background may be considered,
- Experience with major offshore wind packages (offshore substation or subsea cables) including transportation and installation, is strongly preferred, however any offshore wind or equivalent offshore construction project background may be considered,
- Possesses a strong attention to detail, good organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks with shifting deadlines,
- Good IT skills, particularly with MS Office suite,
- Capable of professionally managing confidential information,
- Comfort with presenting, building relationships and influencing others, while working effectively across different cultures and geographical locations,
- A positive mind-set with strong self-motivation and resilience, a flexible and proactive approach to creatively tackling problems,
- Possession of excellent written and oral communication skills,
- A strong command of English is a prerequisite for the role (although a strong command of Mandarin will be favourably considered).
Don't hesitate to apply if you are interested!