LVI is one of the leading Energy and Infrastructure recruitment firm. We offer a bespoke service to our clients that allows us to utilize industry gossip to maximize our reach for both candidates and our current and future clients. Within the renewable energy space, we have upwards of 50 clients which we can introduce our candidates to!
Job Title: Commercial Technical Accounting Manager
Location: New York, New York
Summary:This role will assist in the evaluation of complex transactions, including communicating and documenting the accounting and financial reporting implications of transactions. The role will also play a key role in the implementation of new accounting standards and the documentation of accounting policies. The Commercial Technical Accounting Manager will be a demonstrated self-starter who thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. The Commercial Technical Accounting Manager will report to the Controller.
- Plan for and oversee the accounting for complex technical accounting transactions, including acquisitions, and other unique arrangements.
- Liaison with origination, asset acquisition and legal functions on all contracts as part of the operational and technical implementation of new agreements or transactions.
- Lead and manage cross-functional process improvement initiatives to drive simplification, consistency, and compliance around all aspects of the identified commercial process.
- Assist in implementing the adoption of new accounting and reporting standards.
- Review and track all contracts and be able to identify and resolve accounting issues related to unique business arrangements.
- Manage, produce, and review financial statements for EPC and Development subsidiaries.
- Assistance with timely submissions of inputs to third part tax team for federal, state and property tax compliance.
- Support monthly, quarterly, and annual close processes including journal entry and financial statement review.
- Create company policies and transaction specific memos to facilitate internal accounting and guide deal structuring.
- Perform ad hoc special projects.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, CPA preferred
- 7+ years experience, industry experience highly preferred
- Deep background in renewable energy financing structures or financial services
- Demonstrated expertise in FASB/GAAP and Statutory accounting proficiency
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Well organized, very flexible, and strong follow through
- Familiarity with web-based accounting research tools
- Ability to document the application of guidance logically and systematically to accounting transactions and processes.
- Desire to implement process improvement opportunities.
- Entrepreneurial mindset and ability to grow with development.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; must possess high-level of professionalism.
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously and follow through on issues in a timely manner.
- Proactive, resourceful, efficient with strong decision-making skills; works independently with minimal supervision.
Additional Eligibility Requirement The client will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
About Us The cloent is part of the evolution to cleaner, secure, more customer-focused energy. From analysis, through design and finance, to commercial operation, they provides customized turnkey PV energy and energy storage solutions to businesses, enterprises, institutions, and municipalities throughout North America. We leverage our unmatched market expertise to deliver exceptional customer outcomes. The client is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law