Construction Manager is responsible for execution of assigned projects including: Safety leadership, profit and loss, regulatory compliance, ensuring efficient utilization of resources, assisting project management in contract administration, cost administration and executing the project plans, schedule and meeting all project operational goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Responsible for the successful execution of assigned projects and is the primary Field interface between Project Management and assigned craft, subcontractors and vendors.
* Responsible for establishing and maintaining a safe culture and the project field level.
* Responsible for in part the profit and loss of operations as assigned.
* Responsible for the communicating assignments and responsibilities to assigned field personnel as directed by assigned Project Manager via both written and orally.
* Responsible for assisting Project Manager in generating basic project schedules and reading and understanding critical path logic projects generated by Project Management.
* Responsible for providing the necessary equipment for effective execution at the direction of the assigned Project Manager.
* Responsible for the reassignment, hiring and training of all project craft personnel.
* Responsible for disciplinary actions and end of project layoffs or reassignment of craft personnel.
* Responsible for execution of all project activities to construct the project per the plans and specifications including quality.
* Responsible for assisting the assigned Project Manager with cost administration including monthly forecasts and determining weekly and monthly production quantities.
* Responsible for following all company procurement policies in purchasing materials and assisting in subcontractor selection and tracking.
* Responsible for keeping accurate project documentation.
* Responsible for training and mentoring assigned project craft.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Ability to deal effectively and tactfully with a variety of individuals in person and in writing.
* Excellent customer relations skills.
Ability to work independently and resolve practical problems, keeping all appropriate parties aware of issues or risks.
* Must have strong work ethic.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills. * Understands equipment selection and utilization.
* Ability to read and understand project plans and specifications.
* Understand basic behavior based safety programs and enforce company's safety policies. Experience/Education
* Minimum of Ten (10) years of Remediation/Construction supervisory experience.
* Experience must include overseeing craft labor, directing field operations and subcontractors.
* Experience in leading safety meetings and initiatives.
* Experience in preparing proposals and assisting Project Management in technical writing.
* Experience with interacting with clients and regulatory agencies.
* Excellent written and verbal communication.
* Ability to plan and organize a team effort.
* Excellent client management and goodwill building ability.
* Capacity to handle pressure and make correct decisions under duress.
* Physical and mental fitness.
* Strong focus on safety and quality.
* Ability to mentor and train field staff. Physical Demands The following physical activities or abilities are commonly, but not always, associated with the performance of this position. The actual requirements of this position will vary.
* Lift, carry and push/pull at least 50 pounds without difficulty.
* Be able to stand or walk on a project site for extended durations.
* Climb in and out of equipment.
The following environmental/atmospheric working conditions are commonly, but not always, associated with the performance of this position. The actual working conditions will vary.
* Job Site environment, including, but not limited to, machines, tools, heavy equipment, chemicals, solvents, dust and fumes.
* Occasional exposure to extreme weather conditions.
THIS POSITION HAS NO SPECIFIC LOCATION, IT INVOLVES TRAVEL TO PROJECTS ACROSS THE EAST COAST.