Founded in 2019, the client is a community solar developer. Based out of Boston, Massachusetts,the client focuses on developing systems that benefit both the land and local communities.
This role is tasked with overseeing the accounting function, which includes a large focus on the back-office operations. In addition, the role is expected to include oversight of some of our outsourced relationships eg. HR with Insperity, Banking with BMO, Insurance broker with Lockton, etc.
The primary responsibility will ensure that the monthly accounts are produced accurately and on time in Quickbooks Online, management of day-to-day banking activities, cash flow forecasting and funding requests to our parent. However, as the client is still a relatively new company, the Controller will be required to be flexible in picking up various (sometimes no accounting) tasks as required. Showing initiative to jump in and support where needed will be an important attribute of the Controller.
We are also underway with a migration to a new Accounting software, which will require oversight from the Controller to ensure that the new system is delivered on time and with the specifications and controls necessary for our business.
The Accountant within the client will report directly to the Controller.
In 2023, the company will be outsourcing the construction of Solar sites and opening up new LLC's. Allocations and multi-entity/intercompany transactions will be included in this role to accompany that growth.
This role will be 100% remote but may require regular meetings with the CFO and the Accountant at our WeWork office in Boston for check signing, employee engagement, and other training/collaboration activities. As the client continues to grow, opportunities to develop unique skills will be available as well as opportunities for advancement.
- Monthly and Annual close and reporting of the financials
- Management of the subledgers (today is mostly Accounts Payable) and associated vendor payments
- Management of the company day-to-day cash and funding needs
- Interface and support required by our outsourced vendors (e.g. PEO, Insurance)
- Ensuring local tax (supported by BDO) compliance and statutory reporting as required at the state and federal level
- Annual Financial Statement Audit lead for the client (1st audit expected 2023)
- Annual budget preparation and sign-off
- New Accounting software migration over-sight
- Further build out of controls and processes within the business, and implementation as required
- As the client is a young company, candidate will at times need to wear multiple hats to support the business. Employee will need to bring an entrepreneurial mindset to the role.
- Other duties as assigned
Compensation and Benefits:
- Annual Discretionary Bonus
- Automatic enrollment into the client'semployee equity share plan
- PTO - 20 days annually (+1 day/ anniversary year, Maximum 25)
- 2023 Holidays - 15 days
- Benefits - 100% employer-paid premiums for Health Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D Insurance
- 401k - 3.5% employer match
CPA/Public Accounting required. Unrestricted authorization to work in the US.