Job Title: Corporate Finance Associate (FP&A and Treasury)
Summary: This Renewables Investment Group is a market leader in renewable energy assets across the United States that currently owns, operates, or has contracted more than 6,000 MW of capacity among a portfolio of over 65 renewable energy assets, with an additional pipeline of projects in excess of 3,000 MW. The individual in this role will become part of a small, inclusive, highly skilled team responsible for supporting the company's portfolio of wind and solar energy projects in a fast-paced environment that values collaboration, thoughtful problem solving, and attention to detail. This role will provide the opportunity to gain a macro view of the company's broader financial activities and learn about complex legal entity structures and transactions. It also affords substantial interaction with other departments and business areas, including Legal & Compliance, FP&A, deal teams, developers, and asset managers.
What your day-to-day will look like:
- Work on a wide variety of corporate finance initiatives, heavily focused on managing our five corporate debt facilities, Treasury, and Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A)
- While managing debt facilities, you'll work on periodic updates to the financing models and supporting work paper
- This includes high-profile initiatives in addition to typical compliance, and will require the ability to coordinate with internal stakeholders as well as external parties such as bankers, independent engineers, and consultants.
- On the Treasury side, you'll be responsible for coordinating and administering various cash payments and receipts on the company's solar and wind projects, and financing and corporate entities, while ensuring adequacy of funds at all times.
- Collaborate with stakeholders including bankers, investors, senior management, asset managers, and accounting to ensure that the cash side of the business is functioning efficiently, and continuously develop and implement process improvements.
- Prepare periodic reports for the financing parties and senior management.
- On the FP&A side, you'll be responsible for forecasting the company's short-term and long-term cash position at both the corporate and project levels, tracking overall deal flow, planning for upcoming significant fundings, identifying and alleviating liquidity and covenant compliance concerns, and optimizing distributions.
- Strive to further build out models and implement new ones to streamline, consolidate, and broaden our forecasting capabilities.
- Depending on individual abilities and the business's needs, you may also be involved in other areas of corporate finance, including financing transaction execution and implementation, valuations, and modeling.
The ideal candidate should have:
- Two to four years of financial experience, preferably in the energy, real estate, or financial services sectors. Experience in treasury and/or financial planning and analysis is helpful but not required.
- Proven analytical abilities, well-developed communication and organizational skills, and keen attention to detail are vital to this role.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with teams located in different time zones and jurisdictions is of great importance.
- A Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or similar certification and renewable energy experience are pluses but not required.
In interested in the position, please do no hesitate to apply!