One of the leading and most respected water engineering experts in the US is urgently searching for a Dams & Levees Project Manager in their Fort Worth (or Dallas) office. This position requires an experienced engineer to serve as a Project Manager in the field of water resources and heavy civil projects with an emphasis on dams and levees.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for leading the analysis, design, and preparation of technical reports, construction plans, specifications, and cost estimates working independently as well as planning and supervising work of technical teams in Texas, Oklahoma, Florida, Georgia, and North Carolina. The position will also involve client interaction and a commitment to client service, encompassing business development activities, proposal preparation, client visits, and marketing activities.
The successful candidate will:
- Serve as Project Manager for large complex projects.
- Direct and supervise studies, investigations, and designs.
- Define tasks to be conducted by others, and provide general supervision, review, and approval throughout each project to ensure continuity, consistency, and quality.
- Maintain effective communications with client, client's staff, and regulatory agencies.
- Provide supervision of a multi-discipline team of engineers, CAD technicians, designers, drafters, scientist, etc., requiring intergroup and interoffice coordination and external consultant management.
- Keep the project team abreast of all project activities, responding promptly to needs, problems, or requests.
- Evaluate and analyze design decisions to ensure objectivity, soundness of design, and impact of those decisions on schedule, budget, and needs.
- Responsible for collecting, correlating, and preparing recommendations and conclusions for reports.
- Participate in the preparation and implementation of design contracts.
- Track project financials and perform monthly reporting and preparation of status reports.
- Develop and maintain the project schedule.
- Maintain timeliness and technical correctness of a project to ensure high-quality work that meets the client's budget and expectations.
- Remain up to date on applicable regulations and related technological advancements.
- Investigate new areas of technology or new applications of existing design and construction techniques.
- 6+ Years' Experience in engineering of dams, levees, and hydraulic structures.
- Education - B.S. degree in Engineering (minimum); M.S. in Engineering or Business Management (preferred).
- Excellent communication skills - both technical writing and oral.
- Ability to lead, motivate, and manage a project team and oversee excellent quality of work.
- Registered with the Texas Board of Professional Engineers or capable of obtaining license in less than six months.
Interested applicants, please 'Apply Now' with your CV/Resume and we will be in touch with you shortly. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Should you have any friends who might be keen or suitable, please feel free to share this opportunity with them or simply get them to contact our consultants.