You will provide business development and operations oversight primarily in the Data Centers market including co-location facilities and mission-critical infrastructures. This position will concentrate mainly on new client development and servicing those clients, estimating support, preconstruction and construction services and subcontractor relationships to achieve overall corporate objectives and appropriate growth results in the market, travel will be required as needed to meet objectives.
You Will Have The Opportunity To:
- Be a recognized expert in the data centers market, create and execute business development plan for the target markets to enhance strategies and tactics.
- Initiate new potential client contacts, organize and tender qualification data to clients, and supplement proposal effort as required, within approved budget goals.
- Oversee design, estimating and project management personnel through the completion of preconstruction.
- Promote goodwill with Owner's representatives in order to develop repeat business opportunities.
- Manage the preparation of conceptual preconstruction budgets and schedules with milestones for critical activities and direct project managers in schedule preparation based on client needs.
- Manage Client relationships from initial lead to close out.
- Assist in determining new market initiatives and work in conjunction with Vice President / General Managers and the Director of Operations to develop specific plans to implement those initiatives.
- Lead the development of major proposals, presentations and brochure materials. Train and assist project personnel to make effective client presentations.
- Initiate and maintain an open and timely level of communication with Design Consultants, Vice President / General Managers, Director of Operations, and the estimating/ preconstruction department to maintain corporate management team efficiency.
- Attend and participate in industry committees and associations to broaden data centers network.
- Coordinate the development of an overall proposal and budgeting strategy, in collaboration with Estimating and Operations.
To Be Successful in This Role, You Will Need:
- Undergraduate degree in engineering, construction management or relevant discipline required.
- A minimum of 15 years of total construction experience with a minimum of five years of recent, relevant experience in the data centers market strongly preferred; previous experience leading new client development efforts required.
- Well-developed sales and business development skills and the ability to close new business and grow business with existing clients.
- Proven experience managing preconstruction services and leveraging subcontractor relationships to meet and exceed client needs.
- Strong financial skills including budgeting, forecasting, and analyzing financial statements.
- Effective oral and written communication skills required; strong presentation skills and the ability to run meetings at all levels of the organization required.
- The ability to build strong relationship and establish strong interpersonal connections at all levels of the organization; treat others with respect, and conducts business, internally and externally with professionalism and tact.
- Strong coaching and mentoring skills to develop and challenge direct reports to improve their performance and develop their knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and manage multiple, competing priorities.
- An analytical orientation toward key market trends/ changes and the ability to take appropriate action to ensure continued leadership and competitive advantage.
- Strong computer skills (MS Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, Primavera).
- To be an enthusiastic, performance-driven individual who will pursue excellence in translating the employer brand passion vision/mission of the organization into operational, quantitative plans, goals and schedules for improvement.