My client is a top-ranked design-build contractor offering architecture, engineering and construction services to domestic and international customers throughout the U.S. Our purpose is to make a difference in people's lives by creating unforgettable customer experiences and great projects.
The new team member is required to have ten to fifteen years of experience in construction management, with a minimum of seven to ten years of experience managing large industrial construction projects. Experience as the lead project manager of a construction project is required. Experience with data center/mission critical experience is required.
Preference will be given to candidates with a Bachelor's degree in a related field (Engineering, Construction Management, or Architecture).
The new team member should be an energetic, self-motivated individual who enjoys a team environment, as well as a passion for collaboration and professional development.
- The project manager will coordinate the interrelating activities of subcontractors, suppliers, vendors and customers, design and engineering efforts.
- Will monitor and report on the financial status of the project(s) and is responsible for subcontract and contract administration.
- Develop job progress schedule to ensure that actual construction parallels with the schedule.
- Purchase and monitor the delivery of all needed materials for the project(s) ensuring optimum prices, quality and conformance to specifications.
- Negotiate contracts with subcontractors and vendors for various trades, ensuring that all phases of the work are encompassed and that a clear definition of work responsibility is defined.
- Review and approve subcontractor and vendor payment requests.
- Issue changes in the work to receive prices from subcontractors in a timely fashion.
- Work with design and engineering managers to ensure project(s) is/are designed, procured and constructed within the boundaries of operating guidelines, while conforming to technical requirements and ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Prepare various reports to successfully manage the project(s), such as monthly red files, progress analysis/schedules, billings and status reports.
- Organize and maintain job files to ensure continuity of work flow.
- Submit verbal and written reports on project status to management. Review shop drawings and submittals to ensure compliance with scope of work.
- May be responsible for estimating efforts relative to the project(s) and proposal preparation efforts.
- Responsible for the communication, implementation and enforcement of safety and quality programs on site.