We are seeking a highly skilled Data Engineer to join our team in Kansas City. As a Data Engineer, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining data pipelines, implementing data models, and ensuring the quality and consistency of our data.
This client operates utility-scale solar and energy storage projects across the United States with a portfolio of more than 23GW. The client is commited to sustainability and decarbonizing the grid while also providing efficient and cost-effective electricity to communities.
- Design and implement scalable and efficient data pipelines, including APIs and/or file based integration
- Develop and maintain data models for efficient data processing
- Ensure the quality and consistency of our data
- Monitor data integration status and help troubleshoot, report, and resolve issues to relevant parties
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand their data needs and build solutions that meet those needs
- Keep up-to-date with the latest technologies and tools in the field
- At least 5 years of experience as a Data Engineer or a similar role
- Strong experience in Python programming language and relevant libraries (NumPy, Pandas, Pyspark, etc). Experience in ML libraries are a plus
- Strong proficiency with ETL pipelines
- Strong experience with SQL for relational databases
- Familiarity with DevOps/DataOps principles
- Experience with cloud platforms, such as AWS or Azure
- Experience with big data technologies, such as Hadoop, Spark, or Kafka is a plus
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Competitive base, bonus, and compensation commensurate with experience
- 14.5 paid holidays + generous PTO
- Health & dental insurance
- Long-term disability and life insurance
- 401(k) match
- An office culture that embraces a flex-time schedule to maximize productivity and work-life balance
If you are passionate about data engineering, have a track record of building efficient data pipelines, and are looking for a challenging opportunity, we encourage you to apply for this position.