As the Director of Forensic Accounting - Insurance Claims, you will play a pivotal role in our clients claims department, leading a team of skilled forensic accountants to investigate insurance claims involving economic damages and business interruption. Your expertise and strategic insights will contribute to maintaining our high standards of claims assessment and ensuring the accuracy and fairness of our settlement processes.
- Leadership: Provide strong leadership and direction to the forensic accounting team, ensuring they have the guidance and support needed to conduct thorough and meticulous investigations.
- Claims Investigation: Lead complex forensic investigations involving insurance claims related to economic damages and business interruption, employing advanced techniques to uncover financial irregularities and potential fraud.
- Expert Analysis: Utilize your deep knowledge of economic principles and business operations to assess and quantify losses, damages, and interruption impacts accurately.
- Collaboration: Collaborate with internal teams, including legal, risk management, and underwriting, to provide expert insights during the claims assessment process.
- Quality Assurance: Implement and maintain rigorous quality control measures to ensure the accuracy and integrity of all forensic accounting investigations.
- Policy Development: Contribute to the development and enhancement of policies and procedures related to forensic accounting and claim handling, ensuring they align with industry best practices.
- Industry Expertise: Stay abreast of the latest industry trends, regulatory changes, and advancements in forensic accounting practices, and apply this knowledge to continuously improve our processes.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or a related field. A Master's degree or relevant certification (e.g., CPA, CFE, CFF) is highly desirable.
- Substantial experience in forensic accounting, with a focus on insurance claims, economic damages, and business interruption. Previous director-level experience is preferred.
- Strong understanding of insurance industry practices, claim evaluation, and fraud detection.
- Expertise in applying economic principles to assess and quantify financial losses and business interruption impacts accurately.
- Advanced analytical skills and a keen attention to detail, ensuring comprehensive investigations and reliable conclusions.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, to articulate complex financial findings clearly to diverse audiences.
- Proven ability to lead and inspire a team of forensic accountants, fostering a collaborative and growth-oriented environment.