An industry leading global real estate investment, development, and property management company is looking for a Director, MEP Services. They are headquartered in the USA, with operations in 28 countries, managing a diverse range of assets around the world
As the Director of MEP Services, the primary r4esponsibility is to support the APAC development teams in the design, budgeting, consultant selection, subcontractor and contract negotiations and materials purchase for the mechanical, electrical, plumbing, fire protection, building management and controls systems of their projects. Additionally, you will contribute to the development of APAC development team resources such as Master MEP specifications, cost summary data and a consultant and equipment manufacturer database. In this role, you will work closely with other team members in the design, cost management, schedules and other pertinent aspects related to projects from conception through the completion of the preconstruction phase.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Inform and advise on the design, budgeting, and vendor selection of the engineering mechanical, electrical, plumbing, fire protection, building management and controls systems components of all assigned projects.
- Understand, support and advocate implementation of Hines Global Environmental, Social and Governance initiatives and objectives.
- Review design submissions prepared by external engineering consultants and architects to ensure design consistency and cost effectiveness.
- Review and advise on RFP's for MEP consultants and sub‐contractor selection, and participate in the negotiation of the scope and business terms of the agreements.
- Maintain and develop new contacts with major engineering consultants and contractors.
- Review engineering budgets associated with each project.
- Participate in and advise Hines country teams on consultant and contractor/subcontractor bid meetings.
- Develop, maintain, and regularly share a repository of project experience and "MEP lessons learned" with local development teams.
- Monitor MEP engineering trends and APAC market conditions.
- Assist Hines construction management as a resource during construction.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Managing Director of Conceptual Construction APAC.
- Travel approximately 50% of the time to support the success of the Conceptual Construction team projects throughout APAC.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent qualification is required. A Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering from an accredited university is preferred.
- 10+ years of extensive design experience as an MEP Professional from an engineering consulting company, real estate developer or general contractor involved with large scale projects, preferably in commercial office, multi-family, logistics and hospitality construction.
- Be a proactive, strategic, and critical thought leader.
- Possess a solid understanding and hands‐on style of all aspects of preconstruction activity.
- Excellent engineering design and problem‐solving skills coupled with creative and conceptual expertise.
- Excellent computer spreadsheet, word processing and relevant professional software application skills.
- Ability to utilize excellent written and oral presentation skills to successfully communicate and provide concise and effective technical advice using language and examples readily understood by non‐technical individuals.
- Must have a style that exudes confidence and respect.
- A person who has the highest ethics and ensures compliance with all applicable laws, codes and Hines standards.
- Fluent in speaking, reading, and writing in English is required. Proficiency in multiple European language(s) is an advantage.
- Strong computer skills including all Microsoft office programs as well as CAD software and Bluebeam.