LVI is one of the leading Energy and Infrastructure recruitment firm. We offer a bespoke service to our clients that allows for us utilize industry gossip to maximize our reach for both candidates and our current and future clients. Within the renewable energy space, we have upwards of 50 clients that we can introduce our candidates to!
I am currently working with one of the leading Global Renewable Energy IPP Developers/Utility that has an incredibly strong pipeline in the coming years here in the US. They are looking to grow their Wind Execution division to keep up with the high project demand by hiring a Director of Construction. The Director of Construction will play an integral role in the expansion and growth of the division's headcount and project capacity!
Director of Construction Overview:
- Provide strategic leadership for a multi-project portfolio of Wind Projects.
- Oversee Project Manager, Project Engineers and Construction Managers
- Ensure all project scopes, schedule, budget etc
- Lead the team through Late-Stage Development through Project Completion
Director of Construction Main Responsibilities:
- Provide direction to the project team 6-12 months prior to the start of construction
- Work alongside the Pre-Construction Department by assisting with RFP's, as well as executing the contracts
- Have a strong understanding of the technical aspects of Wind and Renewable Energy projects in order to help guide the engineering teams
- Ensuring that there is a balance of plant process, including all preparation for procurement and documentation.
- Analyze budgets and costs and how they compare to the established financial goals.
- Conduct the hiring and firing of qualified field staff
Director of Construction Required Experience
- Basic knowledge of construction management and construction methods in order to move the project from permitting and development through completion
- Knowledge of building codes such as:
- 10+ years of experience in the Utility Scale Energy sector, which must include renewable energy or industrial and capital project construction
- Knowledgeable of basic land surveying methods
***MUST BE A US CITIZEN OR GREEN CARD HOLDER TO APPLY***