A Director of Engineering role has openen up in Silver Springs MD with the opportunity to supervisea and oversee land development engineering design department including directing technical production functions, the engineering function, and personnel decisions of assigned business unit.
- Serve as technical advisor by providing input and evaluation on projects as well as reviewing design
- Provide mentorship to junior engineers
- Coordinate work involving other departments
- Act as advisor to engineering team regarding projects, tasks, and operations.
- Hire, train, retain, and develop engineering staff.
- Manage and oversee the production and technical quality of the design, drawings, specifications, studies, reports and other products and services of the department.
- Plan and direct activities of department staff including scheduling and monitoring budgets and quality of work.
- Communicate effectively with client, internal project team, sub-consultants, and contractors
- Oversee all projects in the department to ensure the work is executed on time, on budget, and in accordance with the client's requirements and within company policies and procedures.
- Provide work assignments and review performance to ensure the efficient, cost-effective utilization of staff
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering
- Professional Engineer (PE) license is required
- Ten (10) or more years' design experience to include project management, supervision and client relationships.
- Demonstrated experience with reading construction plans and using computer applications and design software.
- Advanced knowledge of AutoCAD, REVIT, or similar drafting/3D modeling software and SKM software tools.
- Excellent communication skills in working effectively with government officials, clients and staff members.
- Demonstrated experience in successfully managing the financial, marketing, human resources, and operational aspects of an engineering department.
If you are looking to take the next step in your career into operational management then please feel free to apply directly or contact me below for further details: