This well established company in Florida is currently seeking a Director Civil Engineering to join their Orlando office. This position provides technical expertise to lead staff in the completion of moderately complex and complex projects.
- Responsible for managing projects and coordinating tasks of large size and complexity, makes decisions independently, provide supervision and guidance largely on overall objectives and results.
- Maintains effective client relations
- Prepares and conducts technical review of staff, reports, correspondence, calculations, and prepares technical recommendations
- Produces reports and specifications
- Recognizes and develops business development opportunities
- BS or MS in Civil Engineering degree, or related
- 10+ years of related experience
- Licensed Florida Professional Engineer
- Experience with large and small municipal clients
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems
- Strong oral and written communication skills, ability to prepare reports and proposals
- Demonstrated project management abilities
- Ability and willingness to develop business from new and existing clients