Job Title: Structured Finance Director
Location: San Francisco, CA (hybrid flexability)
Company Summary: This renewable energy developer is a leading clean-tech company, who develops, finances, owns and operates utility-scale and distributed solar and storage projects across the country. The company was recently acquired by a large, publicly-traded private equity firm - and is ramping up its financing activities to support increased growth of its development and M&A platforms. Fostering a diverse group of innovative thinkers from all backgrounds, employees are drawn to work in a purpose-driven organization.
Position Summary: The Director of Project Finance will be responsible for leading project finance teams and transactions, including raising tax equity and construction/ term debt as well as supporting project development and M&A activities.
The project finance team is a flat, team-orientated and collaborative organization that is at the forefront of not only financing executions, but also corporate strategy and direction. They are looking for a team members able to hit the ground running, who is excited by a fast pace and who is eager to help them continually improve.
The Structured Finance Director will be responsible for:
- Lead negotiations and structuring with financing counterparties for large-scale solar assets, including tax equity, construction debt, term debt, and other financial products.
- Manage teams performing all aspects of transaction execution including project marketing, negotiation of financing terms, investor due diligence, structuring and financial modeling, internal project management .
- Lead valuation, due diligence, negotiation, and financing of late-stage project acquisitions.
- Partner with development and EPM directors to provide market level strategy direction, planning and budgeting. Act as expert in all areas that could affect project valuation in that market, including policy, development, offtake options and power market opportunities and risks.
- Prepare and present project acquisition opportunities and other business initiatives to Investment Committee and other senior executives.
- Provide mentoring, management and learning opportunities to more junior members of the team to contribute towards building team of top talent.
The Structured Finance Director should have the following qualifications:
- BA/BS degree, MBA preferred
- 6-8 years of professional experience working in renewable energy project finance
- Successful track record of managing complex project finance and M&A transactions from beginning to end
- Detail understanding of renewal energy tax equity and debt structures, including understanding of merits and structure of partnership flip and lease pass through tax equity structures
- Experiences managing external counterparties and leading and overseeing internal team to execute transactions. Direct management experience a plus.
- Self-motivated with a high level of initiative, attention to detail and accountability. Ability to multi-task and work in a deadline driven environment.
- Strong financial modeling skills.
- Experience reading and negotiating complex transaction documents.
- Strong interest in joining a dynamic, value-building environment and being part of a high-performing and collaborative team
If interested, please do not hesitate to apply!