The Director of Land Acquisition
My client is a national solar provider that develops, finances, owns, and operates their portfolio of renewable energy assets. My client owns and operates distributed generation solar and storage projects. They are looking for a senior level site origination specialist to help lead land acquisition efforts across different markets in the United States. The Director of Land Acquisition will help lead a team of junior land agents to ensure a pipeline of viable sites for solar and energy storage development. My clients is looking for a passionate, motivated, and a leader to help grow out a best in class land team.
The Director of Land Acquisition will be responsible for…
- Hire, train, and manage a team of junior land agents to create a talented and dynamic land team.
- Manage external land contractors in marketed where help is needed.
- Lease site origination effort such as community outreach, working closely with landowners.
- Managing internal and external teams to execute on the land acquisition and hand off to the development Director when site control is completes.
- Oversee the approval of all new lease and purchase contracts to ensure they are in compliance with the client's internal processes.
The Director of Land Acquisition should have the following qualifications…
- 5+ years of experience in renewable energy land acquisition.
- Experience with distributed generation solar and storage project in the United States.
- A Bachelor's Degree.
- Excellent communication skills to convey key ideas to landowners, stakeholder, and internal teams.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please submit your CV below.