Company Summary: A major manufacture of photo-voltaic (PV) solar cells, with a large presence in the Asian market, is looking to expand their team in North America. The company focuses on developing, investing, and delivering solar photo-voltaic (PV) and battery energy storage systems projects through Engineering, Procurement, Construction services in North America. They have brought over a decade of global leadership in solar PV to deliver utility-scale power generation plants tailored to local and regional energy needs.
Position Summary: The Director of Project Finance position is responsible for identification of potential project investors and manage the project finance processes. The Director of Project Finance reports to the Head of Project Finance, or other senior management personnel that the Senior Vice President/ President of the Company may designate. This position may also require travel at least 30% of the time.
The Director of Project Finance will be responsible for:
- Identify potential project investors within the equity fund and banking communities and develop strategies to build up utility solar power generation project pipeline in North America; propose, facilitate and close project finance solutions;
- Based on project details, market conditions, project's commercial framework and company's business plan objectives, recommend the optimal large-scale utility solar power generation plant project finance structure;
- Manage project finance process and work closely with the team to bring the transaction to financial close;
- Structuring, negotiating, and closing project financing, including construction debt, term debt, equity structures, tax equity, and asset leases;
- Execution of due diligence processes;
- Review of project documentation; review of third-party reports;
- Accurately model project economics using the financial models;
- Understand and review models of proposed financial structures; and
- Review proposed debt term sheets and model debt into project analyses.
The Director of Project Finance should have the following qualifications:
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience in sourcing, developing and managing relationships with institutional investors. Specific experience with solar investors
- Willingness to travel, up to 30% of the time
- Experience in and the ability to develop a targeted investor marketing program and forge strategic partnerships and customized investment products
- Demonstrated ability to bring closure to complex and high value business agreements; and execute on and close transactions
- Demonstrated ability to manage the financial, legal, and internal approval process to successfully close transactions
- Strong communication skills with proven track record in building relationships and working in cross-functional collaborative teams
- Comfortable working in a fast-moving dynamic, environment
- Investment banking experience a plus; transaction experience critical
- Minimum 3 years of solar project experience and 5-8 years of experience in project finance, corporate finance, or investment banking in energy or similar industry
If interested, please do not hesitate to apply!