This top Engineering firm is currently looking for a Director of Residential Development that will have responsibility for providing technical and managerial leadership to both internal teams and external clients.
This position will primarily provide leadership and operational management of the Residential Sector located in the Western half of North Carolina (Greensboro, Charlotte and areas west) to include initiating and implementing operational policies and procedures. Responsibilities include coordination, communication, and enforcement of company and Practice Area processes, procedures, and standards, the promotion of company culture and core values, and the development of a client base in the western region of North Carolina.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible and accountable for the systematic and consistent operations, management, supervision, administration, planning, budgeting, operational and financial performance of the Sector.
- Create and execute strategic business plans for the Residential Team in the western part of North Carolina in conjunction with our overall Practice Area and company plans.
- Responsible and accountable for creation, coordination, consistency, and enforcement of all technical aspects and policies of the Practice Area and company.
- Serve as a leader for communication, collaboration, and team building for the Residential Team located in the western half of North Carolina.
- Monitor and report the team financial performance of projects and proactively work with managers to address project issues, create solutions, and confer any settlements with SDO/Chief Delivery Officer (CDO)/Chief Risk Officer (CRO).
- No direct project management will be required.
- Provide leadership and opportunities in the development and growth of staff with a focus on strength-based management.
- Participate and promote existing strategic client development and associated relationship processes (e.g. CRM) for the team, Practice Area and company to include utilization of client feedback tools.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or equivalent degree and/or experience
- Self-motivated, engaged, team-oriented, communicative, and strategic thinker with strong leadership and management skills
- Proven track record of mentoring and coaching
- Energetic, flexible, confident, and forward thinking
- 10+ years of engineering or related experience; 5+ years of project management; 5+ years of managing diverse teams
Preferred qualifications include:
- Proven track record of developing existing and new client relationships
- Technical certifications and/or professional licensure relevant to Team(s)
- Understanding of financial metrics and associated monitoring
- Thought leader in building teams and collaboration